Montana NASA EPSCoR’s Goals
Montana NASA EPSCoR’s goals are to:
- Make NASA better aware of nationally competitive researchers and capabilities already existing in Montana.
- Build research infrastructure at institutions of higher education throughout Montana that can benefit individual researchers and groups working on scientific and technical problems of importance to NASA by developing expertise and capabilities not currently available within the state.
- Assist in Montana's economic development in aerospace-related fields by utilizing EPSCoR research to strengthen existing Montana high-tech companies, seeking new connections between Montana faculty researchers and state industries, and building university research enterprises that will foster "spin-off" startup enterprises.
- To maintain a focused effort to build nationally prominent, competitive, research groups at Montana's major universities, while at the same time providing opportunities for research involvement to interested, committed, faculty and students at smaller institutions.
- To coordinate the Montana NASA EPSCoR and Montana Space Grant Consortium (MSGC) programs in a seamless, unified approach to enhance aerospace-related education, research, economic development, and public outreach throughout the state with a plan grounded in the state's capabilities, priorities, and goals.